Friday, September 26, 2014

52CCT - September Embellishment Challenge "Diamonds & Pearls"

Hello friends - happy weekend to you!
Since it is the last month of September we have a embellishment challenge
for you over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown (52CCT)!

I must admit...this one threw me a bit out of my comfort zone.
I just kept thinking that I needed to make something really elegant
and that is not my usual style.  I stewed and fretted off and on all week 
but my MOJO just wasn't there.  Finally I decided to dig
through my stash to see if something might inspire me.
First I found lots of different stars and then 
I found these great rhinestone (diamonds) swirls. 
Suddenly an idea began to form in my poor befuddled brain.

Here's what I came up with finally - take a look:

So that wasn't so bad...I made it way harder than I needed to.
I think I was just under too much stress from work this week
to even try to think creatively.  In any event, I'll just bet
that you already have some fabulous ideas for a 
Christmas card using diamonds and pearls.

My lovely 52CCT teammates have made some really 
gorgeous cards to share with you. Please go visit them and say "hi".
I hope you will decide to join us this week. I can't wait to see what you make!

Til next time...hugs and merry crafting! D

8 comments:

  1. I think your stars with diamonds and pearls is so elegant! I do like all the sparkle.
    BTW - loved last week's card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, Danielle! LOVE the pearly swirls. Perfect for the challenge! Have a lovely weekend.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh this is lovely - so many sparkles! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un très élégant assemblage de brillant et de couleurs, le noir lui donne du chic et les volutes de pierres lui donnent de la magie...biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flourish with the stars! It's fantastic! The classic white, red, black and gold color combo you chose is always a winner.
    I hear you, though - sometimes I overthink challenges and struggle with them, too. (Hugs) and hopes that this week is going more smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Danielle, that is a stunning card, so sparkly and the swirl with the stars is a perfect partnership! You absolutely nailed the diamonds and pearls challenge! Very classy card and I love the colour combo too!
    {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those beautiful stars are just wonderful Danielle, and the sparkly swirls are perfect! Great job! Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!